Zelda Breath of the Wild – It’s hard and we like
There are thousands of reviews of Zelda Breath of the Wild as writing this post, but one thing people are not talking about is how hard the game is when you are new to Zelda. Needless to say, that you can’t choose the level of difficulty. What you see is what you get. Here are examples of things that you don’t know when you are new to it :
- That you will at some point in the game get more hearts because you felt that beating some bosses/monster is impossible with only 3 of those.
- That you will get more stamina to climb some mountains that seems impossible to get to the edge
- How to cook…
- That without bows and arrows, you can’t figure out some of the puzzles in the Shrines and that you need to talk to a guy and buy some.
- When you save your progress in the middle of a Shrine to come back later and close the game or when you are “Game Over” during the trial, it will load back to the beginning of the challenge, not where you left/died.
These are just examples and this is why this game is considered hard, in my opinion, and also why it’s getting 10/10 everywhere. Because for once it feels good to search for clues and not have another linear games where everything seems to be evident.
To give you an idea, I haven’t looked at any tips to beat the puzzles, but sometimes spent hours(s figuring out a Shrine and swore(in my head of course). But I love it. This is what we liked about Resident Evil 1 and Code Veronica back 20 years ago and I felt the same way when I started this game(minus the zombies). This game worth every penny and you have to think about the creators that spent four years in the making. I have to say that they are geniuses and they must be perfectionists. Again, thanks to them. We often see fans of music singers pay the big price to see them in concert(more than a Switch game) and right now, I am a big fan of their work on Zelda. Every time I find the solution to a Shrine, I feel intelligent and it feels good. Another point is that you can play this game without sounds if you want. I can easily watch The Big Bang Theory or the news and play at the same time, which is a bonus for a game like that.
So don’t look online for tips and play this game as hard it can be!
Zelda Breath of the Wild verdict : It has the WINGS to fly
- Reviewed on Nintendo Switch and Wii U
- Released by Nintendo
- Release date: March 3rd, 2017